Friday, June 25, 2010

What's cooking this weekend



I love to shop at Fresh Market. It's so civilized -- light classical music, lovely fresh vegetables and fruit, good seafood and meat, and a Mediterranean bar that one simply cannot resist. (Not this one, anyway.)

I went to Fresh Market this morning to stock up on ingredients for this weekend's recipes. I didn't find everything, so I HAD to go to Trader Joe's for frozen shrimp and tuna, smoked salmon, and fresh mint at almost half the price it was at Fresh Market (I guess that classical music does not come cheap).

Here's what's cooking in Chef Debber's kitchen this weekend:

Creamy Celery Soup (Mark Bittman, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian)
Icy Cucumber Soup w/ Smoked Salmon & Dill (Chronicle Sunday Soup)
Couscous-Quinoa Tabouli (Mollie Katzen, Vegetable Heaven)
Orange, Beet & Fennel Salad (Mollie Katzen, Vegetable Heaven)

Eating more veg: not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment