Thursday, August 26, 2010

Done and done


As previously confessed, I am fickle in my knitting ways.

I feel no particular pressure to complete one project before starting another. Therefore, I always have an undisclosed number of works in progress (WIP) and unfinished objects (UFO) in various stages of completion.
In spite of my short attention span, vis a vis knitting, I am happy to report that I have finished no fewer than four projects this summer. Three of these are shown in the photo.

In the same three months, I started three new projects that are still WIP, so that's a net finished object (FO) score of one. (Wow. Somehow I thought the score would be higher. I probably should have left it at four FOs.)

Two of the summer WIPs are proceeding apace, and I'm determined to finish at least one before turning my attention to fall knitting: cables, wraps and woolier yarns. I shall not be distracted by the four new patterns I just downloaded or the three gorgeous yarns that somehow found their way into the stash collection over the past couple of weeks. Until I finish at least one WIP, I will NOT start another project.

Well...maybe just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment